Georgia Power presents the 2019 Energy industry experience event May 3rd and May 4th at the Klondike training center located at (4826 Klondike Road, Lithonia, GA). Interested attendants should choose just one of the two days. The event will begin approximately at 7:30 am with flexibility for school scheduling. This event is open to students parents, teachers, counselors and career influence’s. come learn about the diverse and financially rewarding skilled career paths in the energy industry with hands-on experiences and conversations with our workforce! Internship and scholarship opportunities will be available! And we’ll feed you pizza.
Are you a student or applicant interested in attending this event? Take a look at the steps below to register and prepare!
1. Please register and RSVP – we want to know you are coming and you’ll be eligible for some cool giveaways at the event.
Link: http://stem.getintoenergy.com/student-registration/. Fill out the registration and select “Georgia Power” as your Energy Company and “2019 Energy Industry Experience Event” with the date you plan to attend. Both days are the same, just pick one.
2. Interested in a paid summer internship with Georgia Power? Before you come, head over to our careers portal and create a profile here and we’ll work together to complete the application during the event.
3. Are you interested in a scholarship for an Electrical Lineworker Apprenticeship Certificate at South Georgia Technical College this summer? Start pulling together the information below and be prepared to talk with the admissions team during the event!
• You must be 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED, and eligible to obtain a Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Permit.
• You will need to complete an application, provide placement test scores, a copy of high school or college transcripts, and a copy of your birth certificate.
4. If you are under 18 and plan to attend without your legal guardian, please bring a signed release document.
Questions? Contact Cedric Sheffield at firstname.lastname@example.org.